I am a big fan of subverison. I current use a combination of TextMate, ZigVersion and command line SVN to work with Subversion for my University development at UNC Charlotte.
After a year of waiting, Versionsapp has dropped in the form of a beta at http://www.versionsapp.com. So far Versions is just what I have wanted for so long in a Mac SVN client. After playing with Versions for just 30 minutes or so, I have a few things to say about the app.
Things I digg about Versions:
- Looks and behaves like you would expect a Mac app to look and behave
- Saves password in the KeyChain
- Add a custom URL string so Versions will add links to any comments referencing a ticket number
- Three main views - Transcripts, Browse and Timeline - for viewing your repo in various ways.
- Full Blame log!
- Comparing diffs opens filemerge
- Did I say the app looks great?
Needs Improvement (beta app so this is constructive criticism):
- Some of the folders in the file browser do not appear to be folders. Icon bug?
Would like to be able to use other apps to view diffs instead of only filemerge. I use www.changesapp.com. This could be a preference added to the Preferences menu item in the future.Resolved via a hack. Check out the comment below
- Needs a way to drag and drop folders for import. Drag folders out of Versions for export and checkout. Look at the way ZigVersion handles this. Works well.
Please comment and let me know about your experience with Versions and other Mac SVN clients.