20 years of experience leading technical teams at a large urban research university and nationally recognized, award winning graphic communications company, operating a freelance web design and development company, and building a stronger technical community in the Charlotte region. Experience leading others with an eye on the big picture, while getting into the details as a software developer, systems architect and system administrator. Major accomplishments include growing a university IT department from a desktop support operation to include server management and custom development services, leading the university with adoption of the Drupal content management system, advising the university with a campus-wide Drupal deployment, technical leadership, planning, and implementation of an $85M student union project, and doubling the size of a custom development team which is responsible for delivering secure customer specific marketing portals that drive print and marketing automation.
Skills include: Technology Leadership, Software Development, Systems Administration, Software Platform Management, Continuous Integration, Behavior Driven Development, Software Architecture, Technical Recruiting, Business Analysis, Project Management, Community Building, Event Management, Facility Operations and Construction Project Management, Audio engineering, Podcasting, Music Composition and Performance
Mark loves: Research & development of all aspects of technology integration from IT hardware, system operations, and software development. Architecting technology services to solve workflow problems and improving efficiencies with open source software.
Below are some links where you can follow my work and updates:
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
- Flutter Developers Charlotte
- DrupalCamp Atlants 2019
- DrupalCon Seattle 2019
- Charlotte Drupal Drive-in 2019
- CharDUG links up with TriDUG! How to contribute to open source
- CharDUG Drupal 8 Training Series
- Drupal Camp Asheville 2018
- Demystifying Decoupled Drupal with Contenta CMS (video and slide deck)
- DrupalCon Nashville 2018
- Charlotte Drupal Drive-in 2018
- Security by Design Webinar
- Drupal Camp Asheville 2017
- Dropcast Episode 34: Security!
- DrupalCon Baltimore 2017
- Drupalcamp Atlanta 2016
- The Story of an Insecure Module (video and slide deck)
- Drupal Camp Asheville 2016
- Drupal Camp Asheville 2015
- Decoupled Drupal with Meteor (slide deck)
- Blendconf 2014
- Building Modern Web Applications with Meteor.js (video and slide deck)
- Drupal Camp Asheville 2014
- DrupalCamp Charlotte/SouthEast LinuxFest 2012
- DrupalCamp Charlotte/SouthEast LinuxFest 2011
- Using Aegir for Drupal (video)
- Past slide decks
- Regular presenter and co-founder of CharDUG (Charlotte Drupal User Group)
- Drupal Planet posts