While attending a recent PHP meetup, I was told about how great New Relic has been for a local company with some large PHP applications. I made a mental note that I would have to give New Relic a look to see if it is something that may be helpful for my personal work or application monitoring at Classic.
The Charlotte Drupal User Group has been rocking for about 3 years now. Prior to that time, it was the UNC Charlotte Drupal Users Group. With all of those years under our belt, it is easy to get comfortable with things. There is also burnout. There is a small group of folks who make CharDUG happen from event to event and it is easy to let other priorities get in the way and to become discouraged.
I work on a Drupal application which utilizes Drupal taxonomy for grouping products on the front page. A view displays an image for each product grouping, allowing users to click through and view products in the selected category.
Well, you can certainly learn something new about Drupal everyday. I spent a good bit of time trying to figure out why I couldn't perform a simple field value update to a few nodes in an application. So, node_save() was running without error, and nothing I attempted to update in the node object or related fields would save.